Kim Hansen's Reviews > Sleeper's Run

Sleeper's Run by Henry Mosquera

F_50x66
Feb 03, 12

Let me just start with this – I am NOT your usual chick – I LOVE action packed, suspense filled books and movies that are usually geared toward men. Sleepers Run has all of this and reminds me very much of the Bourne series – so if you like them, you will like this!

I love any book that includes government agencies like the CIA – they have always appealed to me, so this book is right up my alley. Eric Caine is a War on Terror veteran and wakes up in a hospital with a gap of eight days in his memory. Since being a vetern of the war, he has had post traumatic stress disorder and it isn’t unusual for him to wake up with nightmares and cold sweats. When he wakes up in the hospital, he finds out that his car was found wrapped around a tree, yet he has no idea how this happened.

While he is out one night, he happens upon a young man at a bar whom eventually offers him a job. When he arrives in Venezuela, he begins to start feeling like he is being watched and is being used by the CIA, FBI and Venezuelan police to be a “killing machine”. He has no idea how his psyche is allowing him to perform such unspeakable acts and tries to find the answers.

You will have to read it to find out what happens next….

I found this book to be a real page turner as it was fast paced and full of action. Loved it!

**I will caution you – the language can be a bit harsh, so if this offends you, you might want to steer clear of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sleeper's Run.