Madelene's Reviews > Clockwork Prince

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

It is rare to come across an author who can make you detest a character, and yet so swiftly, change that dislike into admiration and fondness. That is exactly how I feel towards the broken Will. In thinking that he would be saving everyone around him and dear to him, by pushing them far away, yet tormented inside, he is committing the biggest sacrifice ever. Needless to say, foregoing his love and affection for Tessa, in order to save his parabatai. And through it all, oblivious Jem has no clue at all, though sometimes I have a sneaky suspicion that he's just acting 'dumb'. I could be wrong, nonetheless it is also maddening.

Simply put, Jem is just too perfect. However, as this is a trilogy, it is too early to comment.

Another character I particularly adore is Magnus Bane! If this book were to be made into a movie, I would love to see who will be the starring role.

Clockwork Prince has a lot going for it. Friendship, family, adventure, mystery, immortality, betrayal, marriage and compelling as ever, tragic love, and each element with its respective consequences. This second book has made a triumphant progression from Clockwork Angel, with its keen ability to pull its reader deeper into the plot. Yet, remain mysterious it does. The more you read, the more you yearn to know.

Hope to see further progression between Will and Tessa. Can't wait for the third book! 9 more agonizing months to endure ...
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Prince.

Quotes Madelene Liked

Cassandra Clare
“Beauty is harsh.”
Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Prince

Cassandra Clare
“We who are immortal, we are chained to this life by a chain of gold, and we dare not sever it for fear of what lies beyond the drop.”
Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Prince