Roxanne's Reviews > An Inconvenient Match

An Inconvenient Match by Janet Dean

Jul 01, 12

bookshelves: first-reads, romance, historical-fic
Read from February 27 to March 05, 2012

I received this book from a Good Reads giveaway earlier in the year. I intended to write a review shortly after finishing it but ended up with a Norovirus instead. Oh, that was horrific. After getting over the virus I moved onto other reads and had forgotten about this. I felt bad so I finally am going to leave a review.

While An Inconvenient Match wasn't terrible it simply wasn't my cup of tea. The religious overtones and PG-rated nature of the Harlequin Love Inspired series just doesn't do it for me.

The characters were a bit bland and the story dragged on. Maybe it's because my interests lie in the thrill and danger of romance novels that this book didn't strike a cord with me. I did enjoy the historical aspect of the story but my heart just wasn't into the plot or characters. While not terribly written, the story itself fell flat.

I did pass on this book to my mother-in-law whom I felt would most enjoy the book. Unfortunately, it wasn't for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Inconvenient Match.