Janina's Reviews > Hunted

Hunted by Cheryl Rainfield

Mar 01, 12

bookshelves: magical-psychic, arc-for-review-blog-tour
Read from February 26 to March 01, 2012

I really enjoyed this book and I am glad that I am apart of this Blog Tour! Caitlyn, a girl with telepathic abilities, lives in a world where anything paranormal is illegal. The government and the government troopers enslaves para normals and tortures them. Caitlyn also finds a love interest in Alex, a normal who could betray her at any moment.

This book had so much action going on in it! Caitlyn lived her life on the run, with her Mom, moving place to place and trying to avoid the government troopers. I loved Caitlyn as a main character. She was strong and brave, and was determined to do the right thing even though being influenced otherwise. I liked Alex and Rachel's characters too! They brought the friendship, love, and trust that she needed and had never had before.

The thing I loved most about this book was that it was sibling vs. sibling! It brought a different twist than many other books that I have read. It brings a different set of emotions into the picture that wouldn't normally be there. Daniel, Caitlyn's brother, who was took as a child from their family, is there to try and influence Caitlyn to his side. A side she doesn't want to be apart of. I liked Daniel's character, but not in a good way, if you understand what I'm saying. Sometimes you sympathize for him, but sometimes you don't.

I enjoyed the whole storyline to this book! I feel it was explained in a way that really caught my attention.
But the one thing that I didn't like for this book was that to me it started off a bit slow. Not too slow, but slow.

But other than that, I really don't have any other complaints!

This book also had some underlying issues in it that I think everyone should look out for. It is an issue that is very sensitive, but I am so glad that it was in this book!

I thinks it was a great book! I recommend it to all you paranormal lovers out there :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunted.

02/26/2012 page 38