Nikki's Reviews > Crescendo

Feb 03, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: hated-it, character-has-hidden-identity, young-adult-novel
Read from February 02 to 03, 2012

I read Hush, Hush and gave it one star. I had hoped that the second book in the series would be better. I hoped that Becca Fitzpatrick would have learned from her mistakes and listened to critics. But, she didn't. Crescendo may actually be worse than Hush,Hush.

Nora has become even more brainless and unbearable. Patch has become an bigger jerkass. As for the other characters - they are all either annoying or cliche or just flat. Though, I will admit to liking Marcie. I get the feeling I'm supposed to hate her, because Nora thinks she is a slut and BF has her say the most hurtful things at random times, but - I kind of like Marcie. At least she has somewhat of a personality.

Overall, I really dislike these characters and the plot is even more nonsensical here. But, I'm really not the audience this book is looking for. It's for 12-17 year old who love Twilight. Or people who are bored and want a fluffy read that they don't have to think about. Or goldfish. Goldfish would love this book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crescendo.

02/02/2012 page 9
2.0% "I am reading this, because I bought it in a set. I read Hush, Hush and hated it. But, I always read what I buy. So, I must suffer with this and then Silence. Wish me luck!"
02/02/2012 page 15
4.0% "Oh Lord, the first paragraph of the first chapter has Nora describing how hot Patch is. What is up with all these paranormal romances and their female narrators describing how sexy the men are?"
02/02/2012 page 78
18.0% "I think I'm alone, but I sort of like Marcie."
02/03/2012 page 192
45.0% "I'm just so bored and annoyed. I can't take it. But, I must finish!"
02/03/2012 page 220
52.0% "Someone tell me it gets better"
02/03/2012 page 290
68.0% "Oh Nora, you've entered Belle Swan territory. You may actually be worse."
02/03/2012 page 330
77.0% "Book? I hate you."