Vicky's Reviews > Before I Go to Sleep

Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson

Mar 10, 2012

bookshelves: 2012-reading-challenge, borrowed-from-library, favorites, mystery-suspense-thriller
Read from March 03 to 10, 2012

Rarely does a book leave me speechless like this one has. What an exciting, thrilling ride! Not at all what I was expecting!

Christine is an amnesiac. She goes to bed each night knowing that she will remember nothing of this day when she wakes up. Each day she has to figure out who she is, who she's living with and the truth about how she ended up this way via a journal she keeps hidden away. It is only with this journal that she is able to link each day with the next and to also slowly realize that her life might not be as she remembered it at all; that she may very well be in real danger.

This was a fantastic page turner. The only reason I didn't finish this book earlier was because I had to work and sleep. If those two things didn't get in my way I would have read this until my eyes bled. I was so sure I had this book all figured out. I knew there could be no other ending to this story than the one I had decided on. I. Was. Wrong. The pacing is perfect and the tension is so strong it's almost palpable. I found myself literally at the edge of my seat; wide eyed and amazed. S.J. Watson has created a masterpiece of mystery and suspense.
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before I Go to Sleep.

03/09 page 204
55.0% "I think I know how this one will go. Let's see if I'm right."
08/15 marked as: read

Anna I have this on my list. Hope it's as good as it looks!

Vicky This one reminds me of that movie 50 First Dates, but I have a feeling it won't be as funny. ;)

Anna 5 stars, excellent!

Vicky Anna wrote: "5 stars, excellent!"
Yes, it was very good. I'm hoping this one gets adapted into a movie.

Anna Great review! It wasn't there when I made my last comment, we must have posted at the same time. I now can't wait to get the book!

Vicky Yeah. I have to remember not to add my star rating before my review, otherwise it will post before I've got something written up.