Kate 's Reviews > Pride's Run

Pride's Run by Cat Kalen

Feb 09, 2012

Read from February 02 to 06, 2012

PRIDE'S RUN, by Cat Kalen, is a journey of self-discovery for a young shifter who is on the run from her evil master. Pride has been caged up since she can remember and kills for her master's pleasure. When one of her tracking missions goes wrong, she jumps at the chance to escape with the boy she was supposed to kill. These two are on the run from their masters and the Paranormal Task Force, both who want to see them punished or dead. Pride goes through many changes and learns to break down her barriers when she gets one look at the life she could lead.

I found this book to be a refreshing take on shifters. In PR Kalen explored the instinctual side of the paranormal species and it worked very well for the book. Initially I thought it would be another "love at first sight" but when dealing with the wolf inside, Pride let those emotions take her over more than her rational side which was unique and fun to read.

I liked exploring Pride's ability to overcome the barriers she put up while she was caged. Although there was a bit too much inner monologue at times, I still enjoyed the journey for her as a whole. I really liked Logan and Stone actually turned into something I never thought I would like. I am still confused on with whom I want her to end up.

I felt this book was more of an introduction to something even bigger and I am excited to read the next book in the series. I think fans of YA paranormal would like this book, it's definitely something new and refreshing in the current book world.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pride's Run.