Unabridged Bookshelf's Reviews > Perilous Light

Perilous Light by Alyssa Rose Ivy

Feb 02, 2012

Read from May 11 to 14, 2012

Perilous Light is the second book in the Afterglow series, and it is even more addicting than the first one. The biggest mistake I made was picking this book up when I had plans within a couple hours. It was hard trying to put it down to get ready. Just like in the first book, Beckoning Light, the viewpoints alternate among Charlotte, Kevin, and sometimes Calvin. With the different events and travels during this book, the multiple viewpoints allow readers to follow them all. Each chapter is titled with the speaker so it is not confusing to the reader.

In Perilous Light, the story finds us one year later after the events of the first book. Charlotte is trying function in her life, without Calvin, just waiting for the day to go back to Energo. When the Resistance requires their help, Charlotte, Kevin and the others have no choice, but to go back. Once in Energo, Kevin and Charlotte separate to complete individual tasks with the aid of their friends. Both must succeed or they stand no chance to defeat Blake, who has taken control of Energo.

Through the viewpoints of Charlotte, Kevin, and Calvin, the reader gets to see both the journeys of Charlotte and Kevin, and the evil plans of Blake. I like this because it creates a well-rounded story, but it is not confusing. Once I read the first few pages, I was hooked right back into the world that Alyssa Rose Ivy has created. I loved Beckoning Light, but I loved Perilous Light even more. Do not start this book if you have other things to do that day, because this book will consume your attention.

The action is defiantly more prevalent in this book, but that is a very good thing. I still love the sibling relationship between Kevin and Charlotte, even if I did not get to see a lot of it in this book. This is because Kevin and Charlotte spend a lot of the book away from each other. This series is worth your time, and if Perilous Light is any example, the third book in the Afterglow Trilogy is going to blow my mind.

**Unabridged Bookshelf received this book as part of the book tour, in exchange for an honest review**
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perilous Light.