Jennifer Nelson's Reviews > Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking

Quiet by Susan Cain

Mar 29, 13

bookshelves: no-go

Heard that the evolutionary perspective plays a part in this book and don't really want to wade through it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quiet.

message 1: by K. (new) - rated it 4 stars

K. M. Updike I wouldn't say excess amounts. Mostly just in one chapter, easy to skip because its all in one section. I really like this book otherwise! It really helped me understand what exactly an introvert is and understand how God made me, despite the evolutionary thinking. :)

message 2: by Jennifer (last edited Mar 29, 2013 12:11PM) (new) - added it

Jennifer Nelson Okay, changed my initial statement. :)

message 3: by K. (new) - rated it 4 stars

K. M. Updike :) That's always a good idea (to not wade through it) :). Still, extroversion and introversion are such amazing things to study! I'm glad your family helped get me into it!

message 4: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Nelson Yep...it helps there to be a greater understanding of each others differences. I love the introverts in my family, especially the way they take the time to truly process and mull over life. They've got to have their "alone time" to do it, though. :) I've gotten used to having a lot of "alone time" for the past six years and have grown quite fond of it. :)