Terri Tinkel's Reviews > Good Grief

F 50x66
Feb 21, 12

bookshelves: family
Read from February 02 to 16, 2012

I finally finished this book. I started it before I left for a cruise and then finished it when I got back home. At first I didn't like it. I thought the extreme grief seemed overdone. But after reading the entire book; I could see the point of the story. This is a subject that many of us don't have much experience with. Every person will respond to the loss of their spouse differently. I did think, for me, that I would have tried harder to get through my regular work life and not lose my way but who knows how we will react when that time comes. There were some interesting characters intertwined in the story too. There was extreme sadness, despair and worry along with many amusing portions. I still think the book was very exaggerated and went from one extreme to another ~ but I would read another book by this author.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good Grief.

02/02/2012 page 60
02/19/2012 page 300
84.0% "I wanted to like this book but I got so upset with the main character. I admit I've never gone through the loss of my spouse but I felt the theme overplayed her grief. She fell apart in such a unbelieveable way. As she started to work through the grief and pull herself together; she gathered people who were also so dysfunctional and put her life back into chaos. I couldn't figure out the point of the story."