Elisabeth's Reviews > Where the Mountain Meets the Moon

F_50x66
Mar 02, 12

bookshelves: children-s-lit
Read in January, 2012

I really liked the way this book was set up. The story within a story type style made everything more interesting for me. Also, I like how in the end they all tied together making a moral for the story. I loved the character Minli, which is strange because I usually don't like female children characters in books. But Minli showed strong courage and wasn't some stupid little girl that always got herself into trouble. I found myself excited to finish this book to find out what happens. It wasn't as predictable as most other children's books where we didn't know exactly how new fortune would come to Minli and her family. I would definitely read this book to a future classroom. For the younger kids it seems like a good book to read a couple of chapters out of per day. There are a lot of life lessons that can be taught and I think it is important to learn these at a young age. Overall, I really enjoyed this heartwarming journey between friends and family and would absolutely recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where the Mountain Meets the Moon.