Connie Strong's Reviews > Me...Jane

F 50x66
Feb 02, 2012

bookshelves: caldecott-winner
Read in January, 2012

** spoiler alert ** This very well could be my new favorite child's novel. This was a well rounded book that had lots of aspects too it. For one the imagination shown through the characterization of the young girl in the book really shows how in depth children's imaginations are. This is extremely hard to capture in a picture book, but this book hit the nail on the head. I believe many children would read this and experience similar adventures of their own. Secondly, and most importantly, this book is a true story. It shows how a little girls imagination inspired her to live out her dream. She ends up really living in Africa and was able to work with monkeys like she had inspired to as a little girl. That is by far the most thrilling surprise at the end of the novel. For this reason I believe it should have won the Caldecott Award for 2012. This book serves a real inspiration to go after the things you love in this world and to follow your dreams. You can make your wildest desires you had as a child come true.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Me...Jane.