Kat Warrior's Reviews > Nightmare Academy

Nightmare Academy by Frank E. Peretti

Jul 13, 08

Read in January, 2005

Another Peretti that'd on my shelf of "read" books. I must be more addicted to this guy than even I had realized! I don't think I noticed that until I signed up on this site.

Anyway, this is part of the same series as his book "Hangman's Curse". This book, however, does not have a misleading film adaption. That could be one of the reasons that I enjoyed it far more than its prequel.

The beloved family team is back to uncover yet another mystery involving a peculiar tragedy involving our nation's young people. What awaits them, however, is something that they and the reader definitely did not expect.

Again Peretti deals straight-up with an issue of our culture of the human nature and he makes no attempt to sugar-coat it. This time he addresses our apathy towards morals and truth in a way that hits hard.

Peretti does well with working up character sympathy in a lot of his books, but this one really stood out to me with all the horrors that the twins, Elisha (girl, can't remember her name's spelling) and Elijah endure. I could be that I was in high school at the time and therefore close to their age, but reason regardless Peretti did an amazing job.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nightmare Academy.