Mikila Marshall's Reviews > Redemption

Redemption by Rebecca Gober

Feb 02, 12

Read on February 02, 2012

Firstly I'd just like to say a Mahusive congrats to the girl's Rebecca and Courtney on the sequel to Night Marchers. It took me literally 9 hours altogether to read Redemption. I "needed" another fix as soon as I was done with Night Marcher's #1 so I was uber excited when the girl's posted on their page asking for potential reviewers for the book. I jumped at the chance and I am soooo glad I did.
Emma faces the same battle in Redemption. She is torn between two people that has expressed their undying love for her. With the help of her friend's she tries to redeem Kai, after he sacrificed himself for her to the Night Marchers. How far will Emma be willing to go to save Kai, and will she be able to do so before it's too late?
As much as I absolutely adored Night Marchers, I have to say that Redemption was packing a whole lot of action. I was curling my toes in frustration and anger towards Kao and I was adamant to find out who Emma would end up falling in love with and I was 100% satisfied with who she chose.
I ended up talking about the book to my mother. Telling her about parts that I had just finished reading. Who Emma had chose. Who pissed me off. What made me giggle. She got a bit irritated because she had absolutely no idea what the hell I was talking about. :P
Again the character's are adorable. There are a few new character's and then less of some :( Which had me in puddles of tears. I was afraid to get my Ereader wet so I was equipped with a lot of kleenex :') The letter Eve reads at the end made me break down and sob like a four year old. But it was so beautifully done that I ended up smiling. Who wouldn't want a man like that in their life? Even if he did call you "Woman" :) Paul never fails to make me smile. I can picture him in my mind being all flirtsy (Not a word) and bashful :)
The ending was perfectly done. It was nice to see Emma not have anymore worries... for a while :) I also liked learning more about the legend of the Night Marchers. It was very interesting to find out that there was more to the wondering spirit warriors.
I was absolutely honoured to do this review for you ladies and I thank you for giving me the chance :)
I give this a 5*. And I would recommend to anyone that likes anything from action, drama and romance too.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Redemption.