Sarah's Reviews > Not in the Heart

Not in the Heart by Chris Fabry

Feb 02, 12

bookshelves: christian-fiction, christian-suspense, b-b-media, inspirational, review-books, tyndale, arc-couldn-t-pass-in
Read from January 31 to February 01, 2012

WOW! WOW! WOW! This is a fantastic book! I’ve never read Chris Fabry but I’ll have to be seeing if I can find his other books because this book had me captured from the first page. I read this book in just over one day, it was that good. I felt so drawn to the life of Truman, his mistakes, his doubt and the life of his children and his wife. Having to choose between doing the right thing and saving his son’s life, the ending isn’t what you’ll think and it’s a good thing.

One thing the author, Chris Fabry, asked of the those who reviewed his book was the following: “Who is your Truman? Everyone knows someone who is addicted, someone you’re praying for. Do you hold out hope or just resign yourself that things will never change? I’m hoping to hear stories of changed lives, changed Trumans because of it.”

I know several Truman’s, I used to be Truman. I have to say that I think the Truman that tops my list today is my brother. I pray for him that one day he’ll realize that the God of his child hood is the same God who loves him today and wants to draw him close and protect him. To many times the Truman’s in our life thinks that God is only out to judge them, that we are out to judge them, when in reality both God and us want them to run to Him and accept His love, His Grace, His forgiveness. Judging is what comes from conviction – it’s dealing with the heart and oh, it hurts sometimes – believe me – but our Truman’s need our love and our prayers so that one day God will also greet them with the open arms of a prodigal son welcomed home.

**I was provided a copy of this book through B&B Media in exchange for my honest review, no other compensation was given.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Not in the Heart.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Notty (new) - added it

Notty Great review - will definitely read this book!