Monchel Jones's Reviews > Corduroy

Corduroy by Don Freeman

U_50x66
Feb 21, 12

bookshelves: to-read

Corduroy was one of my favorite stories as a child. Corduroy is a bear who lives in the toy department of a big store. A little girl wants to buy him, but her mother refuses. She has spent too much money already, and the bear is missing a button on his overalls. That night, Corduroy goes on a search through the store for a button. He gets lost in the furniture department and is taken back to the toy department. The next day the little girl comes back with money she saved and buys Corduroy. She takes him home and sews a button onto his overalls. I would recommend this book for ages two and up. All children might not find this story interesting because they won't understand it. The artistic elements that stuck out to me was the lines and the color. The lines had objects that had movement such as corduroy and other objects. The colors were evened out with dull and some bright colors. I would definitely recommend this story to read because the specific message that this story is giving to children is kindness and friendship. This story also has a wonderful theme which is " even the flawed are worthy of love."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Corduroy.