Brianna Kilcrease's Reviews > Finding Alice

Finding Alice by Andrea DiGiglio

Feb 23, 2012

Read from February 02 to 05, 2012

The First Line: "I never knew love, not in any form. Unwanted at birth, I was abandoned by the very people who were supposed to love me the most. The truth is I never really minded it that much."

The Story: Surprisingly I really liked this book alot. I mean it's not one of my favorites but it's not bad either. The story was quite refreshing and I liked the whole angel history and how the book takes place in Hell, Michigan. It just sort of fits, don't you think? Well all in all this book was a little short and I felt like I didn't quite get the connection I could have. I mean I feel like the storyline sort of breezed by but at the same time I feel like it's fine how it is. i don't know I'm sort of torn about it. It was definitely a great debut novel and I can't wait to see more from Andrea.

The Characters: I really liked Alice as a heroine for this novel. She was badass but at the same time she was a little soft too. Coming into her powers was quite cool and I was especially intrigued with the feathers. If you watch the book trailer above it focuses alot on the feathers, which is what I like most about it.

Now lets talk about Cole. For smokin hott fallen angels, Cole takes the cake. He's soft, yet bad and at first you're not sure what role he plays but after a while he just seems to fit into the picture. Sometimes the romance went fast and I was like "woah slow down a bit" but other than that I really liked them as a couple.

Now when you add in her father, and grandfather and Cole's father into the picture, that's when it really gets good. All put together is a big whacked out family. Sometimes you laugh, and sometimes you get mad at one of them. But that's part of being related right?

The Cover: The cover is great. It's a great picture of how I would see Alice and I like the background and how her jacket screams "badass".

Would I Recommend? Yes I would definitely recommend this book to anyone. It's original in it's own way and has some romance, some mystery, some action and some good ol' comedy.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finding Alice.

02/02/2012 page 2