Samia Ruponti's Reviews > The Husband Hunt

Apr 20, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: historical-romance
Read from April 18 to 20, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Very disappointed. I didn't feel for a moment the attraction between Robert and Lissa, neither did I see Lissa's girlhood crush growing into love. It seemed to me that Lissa just decided to drop the crush like a discarded toy and love him properly. And neither party was very good willing to resist each other, so it seemed kind of moot to have mentioned "i don't love you"s so many times. This one lacked the usual humor of the series too. I couldn't believe Lissa's growth either, she became a liberated woman from a shy schoolgirl on her first season overnight! I got it when she was under the influence, but when she came out of it, she just changed? forgot 21 years' of shyness?

The circumstances was pretty unbelievable too. Richard and Daniel just decided to throw Lissa to Robert when he had been so adamant to not marry? Were they mind readers and somehow found out that he wouldn't chicken out? And the way Lissa behaved with Findlay and company was really, well, unbelievable. She just asked him to kiss her punishingly? Just blurted out that Robert kissed her without thinking about consequences? She might have forgotten it on the heat of the moment, but not once, she considered later, what would be the impact of just blurting it out like that.

I expected a ravishing finish after the heiress, but instead, I got this!! :(

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Husband Hunt.

04/18/2012 page 300