Debra Anastasia's Reviews > Sempre

Sempre by J.M. Darhower

4619038
Apr 03, 2012

Read from March 21 to 30, 2012 , read count: 1

Sempre was fantastic. It is a real reader's book. Knowing this book was self published explains a lot. It is a raw story, straight from the author's imagination and heart. It shows. Sempre was a treat for me, after I had completed the day's tasks, I'd get to read until my eyes gave up. Carmine and Haven became alive. You want everything good for them. There is action, romance, and a great plot. There's also a much bigger purpose for the book. It shines an unflinching spotlight on modern day slavery.

Darhower does one of my very favorite things--blurring the lines between the good guys and the shining white knights. She does it so effortlessly, I actually smiled when I realized I was heartbroken because a murderer was injured. That takes some serious talent.

I hope you decide to treat yourself to this book. Please remember that it's not chick lit. This isn't bubblegum, gigglepants stuff, though you will laugh at times. It's novel with a journey that feels very important to take. Load it up on your eReader, you will not be disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sempre.

Quotes Debra Liked

J.M. Darhower
“Colpo di fulmine. The thunderbolt, as Italians call it. When love strikes someone like lightning, so powerful and intense it can’t be denied. It’s beautiful and messy,
cracking a chest open and spilling their soul out for the world to see. It turns a person inside out, and there’s no going back from it. Once the thunderbolt hits, your life is
irrevocably changed.”
J.M. Darhower, Sempre

03/21/2012
47.0% "This book needed to be in the world. So fantastic." 4 comments
03/23/2012
52.0% "Elegant and well planned."
09/03/2016 marked as: read
show 1 hidden update…

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog This story was utterly fantastic. I loved it. Carmine and Haven's story is unforgetable and beautiful. I'm so glad you're enjoying it :)

Debra Anastasia I totally am! So in love with Carmine and Haven.

Kahlen Aymes I'm reading it and loving it so far! Next on the docket: Poughkeepsie! :-)

Debra Anastasia Kahlen wrote: "I'm reading it and loving it so far! Next on the docket: Poughkeepsie! :-)"

Aww, enjoy it! Semore is really awesome. Poughkeepsie can't wait for you. ;0

Christina As always I love your words Debra. I am really looking forward to this book. I am going to read it this weekend so work won't interrupt me ;)

message 6: by Tom (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tom I wish I would have seen this a couple days ago. I was looking for something lighter before moving on to a multi series commitment. Checking it out now.

Debra Anastasia Christina, I'd love to hear what you think of it! Tom, you will have a great journey in your hands. Truly wonderful

Tamikasipke I have just bought this after reading your review, though it has to wait a bit until I have time for it :) Thanks to whet my appetite for the book :)

Christina Debra...I finished the book! I was so excited to see that you wanted to hear my thoughts on this book. I completely agree with you. It really is a readers book. It would be an excellent book for a book club. There is so much to talk about and I can hear all the different arguments there would be. I am just going to write my Review on this book. Oh ya...I was thinking of you with all the swearing! What is it with the swearing?! We Love It!!!! Heehee

Rhonda CORRADO!!!!!

Debra Anastasia Hey Christina! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I will have to read your review. Cursing is a great legacy. Hehe.

I see you sexy Rhonda.

Rhonda Beckett is still my main squeeze!

Debra Anastasia He knows it and is on his way over in the Hummer.

Summer Does it end with a cliffy?