Romancing the Book's Reviews > Holiday Kisses: A Holiday Romance Collection

Holiday Kisses by Jaci Burton

Feb 02, 12

bookshelves: anthology, christmas, contemporary, romance
Read in January, 2012

Reviewed By~Patti
Review Copy Provided By~NetGalley

This Time Next Year – I really enjoyed this story right from the beginning I was routing for Dillon. He was such a sweet man I really wanted him to find love and happiness. The Grandma side story was wonderful too. It really touched memories of my own Grandma and that pulled me in on such a personal level that it was even more important that they get together. The story was believable with just enough magic. The characters were likable and human. I do have to say that you don’t know whether or not they will make it long term until the very end.

A Rare Gift – This was also a great story with wonderful characters. I was so attached to Wyatt I wanted to slap the woman who hurt him in the past and made him so apprehensive about letting someone else get close. Calliope is a great woman with just enough stubborn in her to fight for what she wants. The dynamics were great. The sister thing made it a little odd but it was a new twist that was handled quite well.

It’s Not Christmas Without You – This story was a bit more difficult for me. The stubborn went on a little too long for me but in the end it did make sense. Both of the characters had some secrets and insecurities to work out before they could finally be honest with themselves and each other. I did like the idea of the man chasing the woman but he was still a little too caveman for me at least in how he acted and things he said. I love that they are longtime sweethearts who do know each other so well that they are pretty accurate in which buttons they push.

Mistletoe and Margaritas – This one was quite a surprise. I really felt bad for Justin he was struggling so hard to do the right thing. Claire was not in a great position either but she at least was only dealing with current feelings and not having to struggle with feeling guilty about the past. It was a wonderful tale of friendship and family of loss and of hope.

After reading all four stories I would definitely say that this is a book I will be recommending to others and I will most definitely read it again. All of the women are strong and independent and the men are up to the challenge.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Holiday Kisses.