Nancy DiGirolamo's Reviews > Spellcaster

Spellcaster by Cara Lynn Shultz

Feb 02, 12

I really enjoyed Spellbound and was very much looking forward to reading Spellcaster.
I was not disappointed! The story again takes place in NYC about four months after where Spellbound left off. The action and suspense takes off right out of the shoot. We see a stronger, more confident Emma while still being as funny as ever. I chuckled out loud a few times while reading this book. We also find a lot more of Angelique who has really found her voice. Most of the characters from Spellbound return and a few new juicy characters are introduced.

While the mystery of the story is solved well before the end of the book, I preferred reading it this way. I was able to enjoy the more suspenseful scenes without trying to figure anything out. Emma, with the help of Angelique, becomes a strong capable witch and quite the fighter! While witchcraft is a major part of the story, the romance between Emma and Brendan is hotter than ever! There is a lot of “will they or won’t they” throughout the book and great romance scenes. You can tell they are best friends as well as a couple.

Spellcaster does take place during high school and a lot of issues relatable to teens are touched upon in the story. Shultz brings up realistic issues such as stalking, bullying, gossip, sex, homosexuality and underage drinking.

All in all, I think Shultz does a very good job of providing a strong plot line along with a fun story and likable characters. I recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of paranormal romance.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spellcaster.