Jackie Miller's Reviews > H10N1

H10N1 by M.R. Cornelius

Feb 08, 12

Read from February 04 to 08, 2012

It was pretty much predetermined that I would like this book. It has a few key things that I really love in my books. Pandemic that kills off a huge percentage of the population? Check. A social/economical/political collapse? Yep. A fight for survival against natural and human elements? Um, yes. (That actually sounds pretty morbid that I like all that :) I am happy to say that H10N1 came through and delivered on my high hopes.

When the book starts it really feels like you are getting a glimpse into how things would look if a horrible strain of flu came through and decimated the population, mutating as it went. I had read a sample of the Prologue and was like, 'Must. Read. More.' I must say that once you read the Prologue you will be hooked.

The book is told from the dual perspectives of Dr. Taeya Sanchez and Rick DeAngelo. They rub each other the wrong way at the beginning. When they are both making their late night getaway from the medical facility they both were working at, they have to put aside their prejudices and work alongside one another. I really loved how their relationship evolved and they each grew individually as the plot progresses.

This book was well-written with a great plot and interesting characters. H10N1 really holds its own with the 'end of the world as we know it' or 'pandemic' books. If this is a genre you enjoy then I highly suggest giving this one a shot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read H10N1.

02/07/2012 page 127