Willow's Reviews > Seduce Me at Sunrise

Seduce Me at Sunrise by Lisa Kleypas

Feb 02, 12

bookshelves: first-love-round-two, love-triangle, heartbreaker, romantic-drama, series, super-steamy, tortured-hero
Read in February, 2012

Listen, Lisa Kleypas is good at what she does. Plain and simple. She writes the historical romance with such a great balance of heat, tender and achy romance, as well as wit and comedic timing. I've read the Wallflowers, her contemporaries, and now I'm getting to know the Hathaways and I love that I never have to doubt upon opening one of her books that it's going to be an enjoyable escape.

Did I want to punch Merripen several hundred times? Of course I did. My god, the man was stubborn. But oh, how he loved Win. I felt the pain, and I understood it, which was why I never got frustrated. And usually I'm throwing the white flag when the hero plays the, "But I'm not good enough for you!" card, but again, Kleypas does what many others can't do with the same plot.

Win, the once-frail, blonde apparition of beauty was tough, forward, vulnerable and knew what she wanted and I respected the hell out of her. I didn't expect to like her as much as I did, but I was so charmed by her and understood why Kev had been so in love with her for so many years. The angst between these two was ridiculously good. Which made the payoff oh, so worth it.

The Hathaways are up to bat here with their crazy, noisy antics, and I love them for it. Poppy and Beatrix are now out in society, and it's making me remember my loved Wallflowers. Does Beatrix act younger than other 18 year-olds? Maybe. I think she's just not boy crazy and instead likes animals and running around and speaking her mind. Poppy is enchanting, and Amelia is still holding everyone together, but now with the help of Cam. And Cam! Oh, I loved him so, so much in this one. It made me want to turn right back around and pick up their book again. I love to see their relationship grow, and how he's managing heading this family of eccentric gadjos. Of course him and Kev are going to go head to head, and of course it's going to be a little odd that a pair of gypsies are running the place, but it's so good. And then there's Leo! He's healthy and he's back, and he's got his eye on the uppity governess who hates him, and makes me want to hurry up and read every last word in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduce Me at Sunrise.