Mansi Sharma's Reviews > The Time of My Life

The Time of My Life by Cecelia Ahern

Sep 14, 12

bookshelves: favourites, books-i-will-keep-coming-back-to, cecelia-ahern
Read from March 22 to April 07, 2012

LOVED the book! It was so good! So funny! So...Life-like. :)
Lucy Silchester is fine, absolutely fine. So why is it that, of all the miserable, poor, distraught people in the world, it is she who receives a letter asking her to fix an appointment with Life? The letter -after being peed on by her illegally owned cat- lies ignored, like the rest of the things in her Life. She has a job she doesn't love. She has a family she actually likes to visit- if held at gun point. She manages to divide her time between helping her friends, working on her car (whom she calls Sebastian) and feeding her cat. She's so busy that she leaves every gathering, every meeting before it ends. Every work before it's finished. But there's one thing she can not leave unfinished or unattended. And that is her Life. She needs to spend time with it. Make it happy. Because even if you give up on your Life, your Life doesn't. It stays there, the torn being, begging you to fix it. And Lucy, as much as she's unwilling, is about to do just that. Fix her Life.

I absolutely loved the narrative! Lucy has a cat and she's so funny! Lucy, not the cat. She named the cat Mr. Pan but sometimes she calls her Hillary, Julia or Mary. :D It was SO good. The book, not the cat. :P I felt so close to Lucy. Loved her Life. Hated her Father. The book is so well written...and I already feel like I've lost a best friend. This was the only Cecelia Ahern book I was left with, and now that its over, I can't wait for her to write more.
It's definitely a GoodRead! So go ahead and grab the book because I'm sure you're going to love the experience with Life! Happy Reading! :)

23 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Time of My Life.

Quotes Mansi Liked

Cecelia Ahern
“We had come here to have a break from thoughts and the hard work that came with the constant interaction with idiots. Or at least people we considered idiots because they were not mind readers and we had to, patiently, use polite words to explain things that we were thinking when really inside we were fighting the urge to take their heads in our hands and softly and repeatedly thud their foreheads off the wall.”
Cecelia Ahern, The Time of My Life

04/06 page 165
42.0% "I really need to stop reading! Got to submit a project tomorrow and I'm just not able to put this book down!! Lucy Silchester, you're keeping me hooked to your Life."
02/02 marked as: read

Marini yep, I'm still reading this book now.