Teresa's Reviews > Wool

Wool by Hugh Howey

2207874
Feb 04, 12

Read in January, 2012

This review is actually for all 5 parts of Wool (Kindle versions). Really enjoyed this story; so much so that I'm going to try out H. Howey's other novels.

*I wasn't aware my posts were public even with my privacy settings on. Here's an extended quick review:

Wool parts 1-5 is available for the Kindle and in paperback. I stumbled on this gem while on Amazon and decided for 99 cents and fantastic reviews, I'd try Wool 1 and could purchase the rest of the series from there.

Part 1 - H. Howey sets the stage quickly and captures the reader's interest. Why the title Wool? Is this sheep related? What's the big deal about cleaning? Without going into details, I finished this novella in one sitting and was itching to read more.

Parts 2-4 were just as intriguing. Luck would have it that part 5 released the same time as I was finishing up #4. Part 5, though not my favorite out of the series, wraps up some loose ends and leaves quite a few unanswered questions. A quick look at the author's website revealed that there will be a part 6!

Personally I do not like having to wait for a story to dribble out in the novella format, especially when the story is good. For those of you new to Wool, Howey has just released the Wool Omnibus: all 5 novellas in one release.

Howey's Wool series is a breath of fresh air (no pun intended for those who have read the books). He has taken an oft-used theme of mankind living in a world they have decimated, and put his own unique twist on it. Don't let this talented author pass you by. I'm intrigued with his writing enough to read all of his other works!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wool.

Gertie I just finished Half Way Home a few days ago and it was good too.