Kami's Reviews > Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to Dreamgirl - A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship

Why Men Love Bitches by Sherry Argov

F_50x66
Feb 02, 12

Read in February, 2012

No matter how much the author argues the merits of the approach, the redefinition of 'bitch' as positive and 'nice girl' as negative is just a grab at sales through controversy. I'm certainly not buying it.

The chapter on why it is important for a woman to retain the ability to support herself (and thus the power to leave a bad relationship) is great - really one of the best things I've read in a dating advice book ever. The rest of the material, with isolated moments that are extremely amusing, ranged from average to awful. I was embarrassed for this woman who seemed to genuinely believe all females are uninterested in mechanics or tools. I was even more embarrassed for all the women who follow Argov's advice - which I am not convinced was sufficiently tongue-in-cheek - to avoid even changing a light bulb in front of one's man lest he feel emasculated.

Really, what I found most disturbing and indicative of how stupid our species is about relationships was the idea of men who would tell some random author what they want in a woman, but not their actual woman - because the latter would put them at disadvantage. Argov may have interviewed hundreds of men for the book, but I refuse to believe some of what she claims is 'representative'. You have to wonder about the kinds of men who would want to participate in this kind of project, and how they were recruited in the first place.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Why Men Love Bitches.