JeanBookNerd's Reviews > Eternal Starling

5519230
Feb 02, 12

bookshelves: reviews
Read in January, 2012 — I own a copy

Eternal Starling is part of Angela Corbett’s new paranormal romance series: Emblem of Eternity. This YA book is truly breathtaking! The story follows Evie Starling, Alex Night, and Emil Stone. Although love triangles have been butchered so many times in books, I found myself enjoying their one-of-a-kind, impulsive, and compelling story.

The fact that the three main characters have a history, their current situation presented a unique and interesting ordeal. I usually incline towards one boy but Alex and Emil were so amazing, it was difficult to fully side with one. Typically in a love triangle, you can detect which side the girl will ultimately go for but in this case, Corbett created two great characters that there is no right or wrong choice for Evie.

Corbett’s writing technique and her approach in developing Evie was remarkably brilliant. She is this independent young girl who doesn’t put up with drama. The writing style was realistic, detailed, in-depth, and funny. The soul-mate plot is so exceptionally different from many others that it was so difficult to decide between Alex and Emil. It’s very refreshing! It’ll keep you guessing and questioning what is going to happen, right up until the end. Some questions get answered but it’ll leave you wanting for more. I truly cannot wait for the next installment to see where the three are headed to.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eternal Starling.