Justyn Rampa's Reviews > Fables, Vol. 17: Inherit the Wind

Fables, Vol. 17 by Bill Willingham

Jul 08, 2012

bookshelves: fables, fairy-tale, graphic-novels, mavericks
Read in July, 2012

This volume gives a formal introduction to our next two (or three) arcs as well as putting to bed the Mister Dark arc.

Inherit The Wind

Without giving too much a way, this is a very clever title and another beautiful cover! Mostly this arc deals with the children of Bigby and Snow and involves a delicious prophecy delivered from Ozma. I have absolutely no idea how far this arc will go and how quickly we will find out the answers to the prophecy, but I do love this focus on the children and anxiously await to read more of this arc in the next volume!

The Oz arc

Despite my interest in many of these characters, this arc feels a bit misplaced and I have no idea how it will tie in to everything else going on in Fables right now. Probably the least interesting part of the book for me.

Rose Red

This arc began in a Christmas arc that I thought was going to be a total throw-away piece, but instead it ended up being AMAZING!!! I can't wait to see where this is going!

The Leigh Arc

I won't reveal the identity of this next potential big bad other than I think everything about it is absolutely brilliant and I can't wait to see what happens when this confrontation occurs.

The Short Stories at the End

I could really take or leave these, but the ones in this volume actually were quite enjoyable and may actually pertain to the Fables world at large. There seemed to be one direct reference to the Cinderella series, which I have not read, but am perhaps slightly interested in reading one day.

Overall, I really enjoyed this volume but it was mostly primer for our next several arcs so I was hungry for more. Also, there was a noticeable amount of language and crassness which felt unnecessary. I'm no prude by any means, but it didn't really add to the story at all, just felt like they were doing it because they could.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fables, Vol. 17.