Candace (Lovey Dovey Books)'s Reviews > Caller ID

Jul 23, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read in February, 2012

From Lovey Dovey Books

*This eGalley was provided by NetGalley in behalf of Sweetwater Books, an imprint of Cedar Fort.

“I’m a resourceful girl”, says Courtney Beckham, a twenty-three year old college student who, over the course of a week, is kidnapped and thrown into a world of mystery and deception. Jason, an FBI agent, is on a mission to save Court before time runs out, but will what he finds put her in more danger?

Reading Caller ID certainly made me feel like I was watching an episode of Criminal Minds or some other crime show. I sat at the edge of my seat waiting for the next clue or complication. Most times I wanted to shout to the cops what happened to Court and other times I wanted to jump through the book and help them when they hit dead ends.

It surprised me, the amount of action in Caller ID. I expected this to be strictly mystery and about solving the crime. There were so many moments of hope where I thought that Court was fine and everything was finished, but something or someone else always came up. I loved that sense of not knowing what to expect.

The web of deceit woven into the story line wasn’t complex at all. I could follow and understand what was going on as I read, but I still wasn’t able to put everything together until the end. I was pretty much suspicious of everyone, but always missing some important fact, just like the detectives in the story.

Caller ID has a surprising ending with a hint of sweetness. I’d recommend it for anyone who enjoys a good crime novel with a little romance.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Caller ID.

02/01/2012 page 191
70.0% "this is actually the eGalley, but its the best estimate"
show 3 hidden updates…