Kristilyn's Reviews > The Fault in Our Stars

Jan 01, 16

bookshelves: physical-book, favourites, read-in-2012, yrca-books
Read on June 13, 2012

Why I Read This Book
After seeing so many amazing reviews of this book, I knew I had to read it. Also — it’s JOHN GREEN. I love him and everything he does, so I was super excited to read this one.

My Thoughts
Oh John Green, why do you do this to me? From the instant I read Looking For Alaska, I knew I found an author I would love. Since then, I’ve now read everything John’s released and I’ve loved IT ALL.

The wonderful thing about John is that he can mix so many emotions in one book, to the point where you don’t know if you should laugh or if you should cry. The Fault In Our Stars is no exception. There were parts that were so serious — that had me in tears! — and then a line would come up that made me laugh. This is, truly, a beautiful book.

There are twists and turns in this book that I was not prepared for. I also wasn’t prepared to fall in love with the characters as much as I did. There really wasn’t a character that I disliked in this novel! They were all perfect and showed such wonderful human emotions. And the parents! So few YA books actually involve the parents — it’s like the kids can run around rampant and no one cares, half the time — so it was nice to see that the parents played a significant role in this novel.

Another great thing about this book is that even though it deals with cancer, you don’t get a lot of the nitty gritty that usually comes with it. This is more about how people with cancer — and how the people around them — deal with it all. It’s moving, emotional, and beautiful.

The Fault in Our Stars is a book that I would be interested in listening to on audio — I think it would be a wonderful listen. And I’m sure this will be a book that I will revisit again and again.

Who Should Read This Book
I highly recommend you read this one when you want to feel EVERYTHING — just be sure that you have plenty of tissue on hand.

Read more reviews on my blog, Reading In Winter:

06/13/2012 page 36
11.0% 5 comments

Jennifer <3
I loved this one!

Rick MacDonnell Just came across this John Green quote: "“I mean, to be totally honest with you, I don’t really give a shit about adults.” So funny.

Kristilyn Rick wrote: "Just came across this John Green quote: "“I mean, to be totally honest with you, I don’t really give a shit about adults.” So funny."

Ha! I can't even imagine him writing an adults book ... why should he when his YA books touch everyone? I think John Green is one of those people who's books shouldn't even BE categorized as YA because they span generations.

Kristilyn Jennifer wrote: "<3
I loved this one!"

ME, TOO! :) Big love for John Green!