Connie Strong's Reviews > Eating the Alphabet

Feb 02, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: abc
Read in January, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Eating the Alphabet was overall a pretty good book, but I believe it diverted away from simply teaching the alphabet. It instead was more focused on various fruits and vegetables, and happened to be in alphabetical order. That being said, the illustrations jumped off the page and made me salivate. The life size drawings were full of great color which really brought excitement to each page. Also, while the author picked ordinary fruits and vegetables, he also picked really exotic ones at the same time. Many of which most people are not familiar with. There is a glossary in the back that explains where the fruits originated and give great details about the fruits and vegetables. Overall, I believe that the colors would draw most children towards the book and make it a great read for any classroom. Also, this book may inspire children to want to eat more fruits and vegetables after seeing them in this book, due to the wonderful illustrations.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eating the Alphabet.