Maggie's Reviews > Twilight

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Jul 29, 2008

bookshelves: own, young-adult, read-2008, paranormal-fantasy
Recommended for: Anyone looking for an entertaining easy read
Read in July, 2008

Oh how the 15 year old girl in me loved this! I really wasn't expecting much from this, I know that people I have talked to have loved it, but somehow, I wasn't excited about it.

I purchased it on whim when I saw it on that deadly checkout aisle at TJ Maxx. It really sucked me in, I read the entire thing in one day on the beach. It was such an interesting and easy read. I really like that Meyer moves away from the more traditional vampires, giving these vampires a more realistic life.

There were definitly parts that irked me, sometimes it was too detailed, like I really need to know exactly what everyone is wearing each time they get dressed...and how easily Bella learns about the vampires...

However, I liked it enough that I went out and got the next book in the series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twilight.

message 1: by Sandi (new)

Sandi I am wanting to replace my Harry Potter addiction and this series just may be it. I can't wait to hear what you think.

Maggie Sandi -- This was a great read, definitly not as complex as HP, but great anyways. Let me know how you like it!

Kristen I got sucked in, too! I loved it! Went out and bought book 2 mid-way through Twilight! =o)

message 4: by Patricia (new)

Patricia I read book one and two of this series and gave them to my teenaged daughter, who started turning her whole high school, on to these books. Someone gave a little fangs to the teens, and adults like the series too. I dont know about the movie that is to be released, I am not real happy with the casting. We shall see.