Bailey (IB Book Blogging)'s Reviews > A Beautiful Evil

A Beautiful Evil by Kelly Keaton

Feb 04, 12

Read in January, 2012

I will be the first to admit that I wasn't the biggest fan of DARKNESS BECOMES HER. I knew the story had some serious promise, I just thought that Ari had a bit of growing up to do. I am so so so pleased to say that A BEAUTIFUL EVIL is an AMAZING sequel and far surpasses DARKNESS BECOMES HER in my opinion. The stakes are even higher for Ari and the romance between her and Sebastian even hotter! Even if you didn't like the first novel, you definitely have to at least give A BEAUTIFUL EVIL a shot. I promise that it will be worth it.

Sure, Ari still has a few of her whiny moments, but she is much more likable. She has grown into a much more mature teenager who understandably has a few moments where she can't take it all anymore. I am SO happy with Ari after A BEAUTIFUL EVIL. She kicks butt and takes names, that's no doubt! The best part is she takes even more of an initiative in her almost relationship with Sebastian.

I thought Athena was an awful, disgusting being in DARKNESS BECOMES HER, but boy, she sure proved to be even worse in A BEAUTIFUL EVIL. Her complete disregard for everyone but herself is astounding and I was so thoroughly disgusted with her actions. Keaton has done a phenomenal job in the making of Athena as a villain. I don't think I'll ever be able to think of her in the same way when I read about her in mythology.

The storyline in A BEAUTIFUL EVIL moves at the perfect pace. Not too slow to get bored, but not too fast as to overwhelm the reader. While it has been a year since I read the first novel, I was able to jump right in to A BEAUTIFUL EVIL with Keaton's recaps whenever they were necessary. I'm still trying to recover from the events that occurred in this one! WOW! Keaton sure knows how to write a sequel.

I am SO glad that I picked up A BEAUTIFUL EVIL, even if I wasn't a big fan of the first novel in the series. Keaton picked up the pace and made the character's much more likable. I cannot wait until the third novel, that's for sure!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Beautiful Evil.