Shari's Reviews > Enraptured

Enraptured by Jayne Fresina

Feb 23, 12

Read from February 19 to 22, 2012

Nineteen year old Christina Deveraux is taking over the bordello business her mother ran before her death. Bold and untamable, she blatantly goes after what she wants. So when the story starts with her having a young man drop his drawers to show her his package, you instantly get a look into her personality even though she is a virgin.

Harry Blackwood has been tasked by his late father to return a nude painting his father painted. The lady in question is dead: Christina’s mother. Harry is on the way home when he spots a woman who looks like the one in the painting. Instantly drawn to her beauty, he follows her and finds out she is the daughter of the late woman.

What ensues is a mad dash of a relationship between the two. Christina in fact interviews Harry for an escort mission with her to a ball that she is not invited too. She has Harry drop his pants and fondles the merchandise making a decision to hire him for the night and to get rid of her pesky virginity.

Harry Blackwood signs on to help her, but makes it clear this isn’t love and he doesn’t want anyone under the age of 30. He pushes back from what he feels as does Christina, pushing and pulling the reader back and forth.

Of the three books in this series, this was my least favorite book. I got tired of Christina’s real lack of morals and maturity. This is a historical book but sex and bordello’s seems to be thrown around quite like it was the fashion of the time. When I say bordello, this was a male one, not female one, which I know was common for that era. Maybe male ones were too, but it just seemed so out of place.

Towards the end of the book we get to see the other two brothers and their loves. The series is ended fairly well, but the Epilogue confused me some. It just didn’t seem to fit.

Overall, not my favorite in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enraptured.

02/22/2012
65.0% "Finishing up the final book in A Private Collection series."