Erik This Kid Reviews Books's Reviews > The Boy Who Cried Ninja

The Boy Who Cried Ninja by Alex Latimer

Opening and Synopsis – “Once there was a boy named Tim who no one believed.When his mom asked him what happened to the last slice of cake, he told her the truth. “It was a ninja,” cried Tim.”

In this creative re-telling of the tale “The Boy Who Cried Wolf,” Tim is really telling the truth. There REALLY IS a cake stealing ninja, a book bag eating octopus and a parachuting, sunburnt crocodile that eats T.V. antennas! Tim figures since telling the truth is getting him in trouble, he may as well lie about it and take the blame for everything but he only gets in trouble again. Tim makes a plan to invite the REAL trouble makers to a party and show his parents that he was telling the truth all along. His parents realize their mistake and promise to get Tim 100 ice cream cones and they punish the ninja, octopus, crocodile, pirate, time traveling monkey and the astronaut by making them rake the whole yard up!

Why I liked this book – The story is a really different and very funny version of “The Boy Who Cried Wolf”! I thought it was very unique. Mr. Latimer also illustrated the book and the illustrations are great! This is actually a good lesson for a book because I know that sometimes when I am telling the truth, my parents don’t believe me (especially when it involves fighting with my little sister). I like how Tim solves his problem without telling lies.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boy Who Cried Ninja.