Kirsti (Melbourne on my mind)'s Reviews > Changeless

Jan 20, 16

bookshelves: paranormal, 2012, steampunk, own-it-hard-copy, 2016
Read from January 19 to 20, 2016, read count: 2

20/1/2016
I enjoyed this more on reread, and I'm bumping my rating up to 4.5 stars. I still love Soulless more than this one, but it's still a hell of a lot of fun, especially after having read The Finishing School series.

It's still utterly hilarious with fun little "a-ha!" moments when you're rereading. I love Ivy's story in this book. I love Madame Leroux. I actually like Felicity as a comic foil to Ivy's ridiculousness. And the Scottish pack are pretty damned great. So yeah, I stand by my assessment that it's not as good as the first one. But it's still utterly delightful and a hell of a lot of fun.

28/2/2012
After absolutely adoring the first book in the series, "Soulless", I had high hopes for this. Probably a little TOO high, because while I thoroughly enjoyed it, I didn't love it quite as much as I did the first one.

I suspect that might be in part due to Alexia and Lord Maccon spending quite a bit of the book apart, resulting in less of the awesome banter that I loved so much in "Soulless". I was also confused as to why it apparently took two and a half days to travel from London to Scotland via dirigible. It's really not that far!!

Minor quibbles aside, I thought it was a great read, and the cliffhanger ending - which was pretty unexpected, given that everything seemed to be tied into a nice little bow several pages before the end of the book! - had me diving straight into the third book in the series because OMG MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENS RIGHT NOW.

Highly recommended.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Changeless.

02/28 page 223