Future Slayer Girl 's Reviews > Sodom and the Phoenix

Sodom and the Phoenix by Ann Mayburn

Feb 20, 2012

bookshelves: 5-stars, bdsm, ann-mayburn, anal-play, favorite, kinky-book-reviews, received-from-manic-readers, bondage, erotic, animal-play, romance
Read in February, 2012

I feel like Ann Mayburn’s theme song should be “I’m sexy and I know it” by LMFAO. Because hot damn I think each book get better and better! For the longest time I swore that nothing could get better than Breaker’s Concubine. But hold the phone it just got WAY better with Sodom and Phoenix. Holy hot damn! Ann takes us back into the world of Sodom (I haven’t read book one but now I’m totally going to!) And crash lands us in a Virtual Reality BDSM convention that not only makes dreams comes true, but made new dreams pop up in my head.

Let me just say that the scene in the Zoo. I have a whole ‘chase me fantasy’ and that one made the chase me fantasy in my head implode, and I was done. Nothing was going to get better than that for me. I’m not one for being shared. But WOW! This book made the prospect of a ménage encounter the most delectable thing on the planet.

Note to self: Find a place that caters to dirty Virtual Reality, call Anderson Cooper, telling him kink is in, and make him be my Dom, while dressed like a naughty animal. (I really hope that is not giving to much away, I think the spoiler would be detailing that whole scene). I have to say that from the first few pages I was sucked into the lead characters. I loved Bryan as a Dom. He is the type of Dom that makes my heart melt and turn to putty at their feet. I would willingly do what that man wanted to me to do at any time of the day! And Tanwen was so brilliantly executed! I loved her as a character. I got her vulnerability, I understood her standoffishness, and—sniffles, I cried TWICE in this book!

For the love of Pete, Ann NEVER stop writing! And if you get any better with these BDSM books I’ll be a gooey mess ALL THE TIME!

Great job! Amazing, sexy read, with a very well done storyline! Ann comes through again!

Review is also posted on kinkybookreviews.com
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sodom and the Phoenix.

message 1: by Ann (new)

Ann Mayburn Stares at you across cyber space, trying to read your expressions while I bite my nails.

Future Slayer Girl Ann wrote: "Stares at you across cyber space, trying to read your expressions while I bite my nails."

I am amused by the fact that you are worried about ANY review that comes from me, for your books. I'm halfway done and its already giving me ideas for the hubs and me! I'm like OOOOOO we can do that!