Lexi.vernaglia's Reviews > Corduroy

Corduroy by Don Freeman

U 50x66
Feb 01, 2012

Read in February, 2012

I remember having this book read to me when I was younger, so naturally I got excited to see that it was a book that I could choose from the list and read. This is an amazing children’s book. It reminds me of my own teddy bear that I have. Also, it kind of has the toy story feel with the teddy bear having human characteristics. This is a very cute book.
Corduroy is a teddy bear with green corduroy overalls. Everyday people come into the store and no one ever buys him. One day a little girl came in and told her mom that he was the teddy bear she had always wanted. Her mother sadly told her she couldn’t have him today and that he had a broken overall strap anyways. That night Corduroy went and explored the store for a button to fix his strap. He went up stairs and saw chairs and tables and beds. On a bed he found the perfect button to fix his strap, but unfortunately knocked over a lamp trying to pull the button off of a bed. A security guard brought him downstairs and set him back on the shelf. The next morning as corduroy was waking up; the same little girl was at the store to buy him with her saved up money in her piggy bank. She brought him home, and fixed his button. Now Corduroy not only had a home, but he had a friend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Corduroy.