Ruth Hill's Reviews > With this Kiss

With this Kiss by Victoria Lynne

Feb 01, 2012

bookshelves: e-books, historical, mystery, romance
Read from February 01 to 09, 2012

From the very beginning of the book, I was immersed in the incredible romance and mystery beneath the pages. This book contains all the elements I relish reading: romance, mystery, incurable rakes, beautiful ladies, and all in an English setting.

Julia made the ideal strong heroine even though she did not fit the typical English lady. And you cannot get more unconvential than Morgan, and I loved him as the reluctant yet capable hero. I was fascinated to see the growth and blossoming of their relationship, and the ending did not disappoint.

My favorite element of the book was the mystery that was woven seamlessly into the story. The author knows how to keep the reader guessing at every turn. She never gave away the details, and in the end, I believe everyone was surprised at the outcome.

My complaints with the book are so minor that they are almost not worth mentioning. There was some mild profanity in the book, but I truly did not find it overly offensive. The sex scenes are hot and may offend some people, but I was so glad that the scenes only appeared following marriage. There was implied fidelity to be sure. For my tastes, I did not find any of these offensive.

I would whole-heartedly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys romance and historical fiction. My first 5-star romance this year!

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. I was not financially compensated in any way, and all opinions are 100 percent mine.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read With this Kiss.