Laura Elizabeth's Reviews > Honest Illusions

Honest Illusions by Nora Roberts

Feb 01, 2012

bookshelves: ah-mazing-5-stars

Best advice: Buy it on your Kindle, at Ebay or in your local bookstore.

This is one of two of my favorite Nora Roberts’ novels. (The other is True Betrayals). I have to admit I was hesitant to read it, but now I can’t remember for the life of me why!

“In all the illusions, you're the only truth that I need”

“But he touched one of those bleeding hands to her face. He’d been furious about Annabelle, but that nothing, nothing compared with what he’d felt when he’d seen Roxanne on the ground and Sam looming over her.”

“I could kill you for touching her… you come near her or any of my family again, and I will kill you.”

Roxy is the daughter of magician Max, who takes in Luke, a runaway who has a knack for small time pick pocketing. He takes him in and teaches him the “art” and years later they are stealing jewels together. Over the years Luke and Roxy fall in love, split, and years later reunite.

Now I don’t want to give away too much as to why they split, or what causes her to be so secretive (if you read it you’ll see immediately as there are parts from her perspective and his). Let’s just say that corruption, devious men, and a lack of good communication come into play.

Literally a great, five star read. I have it on my Kindle and in hardcopy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Honest Illusions.