Pamela's Reviews > The Baker Street Letters

The Baker Street Letters by Michael Robertson

Feb 01, 2012

did not like it
Read from February 01 to 05, 2012

Reggie, the main character, is pompous, over-bearing, rude, and not too bright--a lawyer who doesn't take the time to read a rental contract? Gimme a break!

Reggie's brother Nigel is pathetic, ineffectual, whiney, and useless.

Laura, Reggie's girl friend, is shallow, too intuitive to be believable, and prone to what is supposed to pass for witty banter but only varies between annoying and inane.

If it had not been for the plot, I would have called it quits about 30 minutes into this audio book. What kept me going was the plot, but not in a good way. You know how you find yourself mesmerized by something so horrific you can't believe it? That's this book. Just when you think the author has reached the lowest point he can possibly go, the floor drops out and he finds a whole new level of low.

Does it annoy you when a character conveniently forgets an important--very important appointment?

Does drive you insane when a character forgets where he/she put the most important papers in his/her life?

What about when someone just knows something because he/she is so blamed clever?

If these are the types of plot points you hate, you'll find them all--and more--in this mess.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Baker Street Letters.

03/06/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Shelley (new)

Shelley I completely agree. I was very disappointed in this book -- for the characters, the writing in general and the ending. How unsatisfying!