Chelsey's Reviews > Freakling

Freakling by Lana Krumwiede

Dec 20, 12

Read in December, 2012

I can't wait! This book looks amazing! I think I shall preorder it so I can be one of the first to read it!
So I had two copies...one for my family and one I gave to my mom who likes all the same books I do...well mostly! She read half of it on the plane and called me to let me know that it was good but she didn't think she would have time to finished it because she was so busy. She texted me the next day saying she loved it and she was finished. That tells me that the roller coaster ride was perfect. The way up to the top was interesting but once you started on that downward slope, you couldn't put it down. This is my favorite part of any book.
My experience was a little different because I wanted to use it as a read aloud for my younger daughters (10 and 7). I read one chapter a night for a few days, then we read as much as we could before it got too late and they were both begging for more. In the beginning, they weren't sure they would like it. Both felt it was confusing. The older one locked in first and talked about it constantly. Then my younger one started understanding the theme of this new world as well. By the time we finished, they both were in Taemon's PSI world and loving it. This is definitely a young adult book. My daughters are mature listeners and remembered intricate details from the readings. I can't wait for this long Christmas break so my teenagers can read it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Freakling.