Jill's Reviews > Ember

Feb 01, 12

bookshelves: fantasy-pnr-sci-fi-romance
Read in February, 2012

Come back to me, Archer.

Though Ember is a prequel to Firelight, in my opinion it's probably better to read this after Firelight. This short story fills in some of the details of the lives of Archer and Miranda, set (mostly) after their first meeting. The narrative alternates between Miranda and Archer's stories.

Miranda's timeline is set solely during 1881 in London. We see Archer travelling the world starting in 1879 in Egypt through the following three years to Central Mexico and the USA, and finally back to London in 1881.

This story is short and sweet, and in some ways I found it even better than Firelight. A major focus here is on the beginnings of the relationship between Archer and Miranda, ending with Archer returning to London, his thoughts only on Miranda.

"Sweet dreams, Miranda," he whispered in the darkness, "I shall see you soon."

Steam: 2.5

ARC courtesy of Grand Central Publishing (Forever) via NetGalley

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ember.

Comments (showing 1-8)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 7: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Nice one Jilly. You are wetting my appetite for this. ;)

Jill @ Baba
Thanks Baba!

@ Wendy
Thanks Wen! Can't wait to see what you think of Firelight.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Ooooh, you DID see that it's available! LOL!

Nice job, Jill! I need to read this one soon.

Jill Thanks Dhes! I loved it as it fleshed out some details that were just skimmed in Firelight.

♡Karlyn P♡ I liked it for the same reason Jill, it fleshed out Archer and Mirada quite a bit. Loved the dream sequence too. :-)

Jill ♡KarLynP♡ wrote: "I liked it for the same reason Jill, it fleshed out Archer and Mirada quite a bit. Loved the dream sequence too. :-)"

LOL! Yes, that dream sequence was delicious KarLyn!

message 1: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Dream sequence. Did somebody say dream sequence? Ok, you have definitely caught my attention!

Jill, thanks for the heads up about this installment. Sounds good!