Christa Seeley's Reviews > Boy Meets Boy

Jul 21, 12

bookshelves: genre-contemporary, lgbtq, own
Read in June, 2012

Originally posted at Hooked on Books

If you want a truly wonderful romance I wouldn't look any further than this.

A lot of things in this book are unconventional, but at it's core it is an absolutely beautiful romance. I wanted things to work out for Paul and Noah so badly, it was torture watching then encounter all the obstacles that came their way. But what I think made the romance in Boy Meet Boy really stand out is that it wasn't about "being gay". It was just about two people falling in love.

I am sucker for a book with really good characters and this book was full of them. I became so attached with almost everyone. Especially Paul and Infinite Darlene. I loved Paul. I wish more people were like him. He genuinely wanted to do the right thing and be there for all his friends. Even when those two things conflicted with one another. Infinite Darlene, loud and crazy though she may have been, was very much the same. Though Paul describes her as self absorbed, he explains that her sense of self was so big it also included her friends, and therefore by being self absorbed, she was also obsessed with her friends well being. I love that.

All these fantastic elements, were enhanced by David Levithan's amazing, crystal clear narrative voice. It's a little quirky and off beat but incredibly descriptive and vivid. Totally unique. It made the story move along smoothly and it did so without any fluff or unnecessary extras. I couldn't imagine this story being told any other way.

This is now one of my all time favourite books and I could see myself re-reading it a thousand times and not being sick of it. It's just that good.

Final recommendation: A must read for all those who enjoy contemporary romance. It doesn't get much better than this.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boy Meets Boy.

Rachelia (Bookish Comforts) I read this quite a few years ago. Only David Levithan book I have read (although many are on my TBR list) & I loved his style and this book!

Random House of Canada We're so glad you hear you enjoyed it so much Christa!