Joy's Reviews > On the Island

On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves

Jun 18, 12

Read from January 31 to February 02, 2012

I just can't say enough good things about this book! I have a fear of two things, heights and water. I have to be sedated heavily before getting onto a plane! ; ) When I was reading this I almost had a panic attack...I felt my heart race and my breathing became erratic, BUT that goes to show you how well this book was written.

So for the review...I didn't know how I was going to feel about this one. I knew kind of where the direction this book was going when I started to read it, but I didn't think I would've loved it as much as I did. We have two people a sixteen year old boy, and a thirty year old woman, trapped on an island...in the middle of God knows where. Are they going to get off or die? And then you wonder who's going to die first, and leave the other all alone...eek! That is some scary s**t! I found myself turning the page wondering when they’d be rescued, if at all. My thought processes was all over the place with this one. I felt all the emotions T.J. and Anna felt. How scared the must have been, how scared I was for them. The days turned into weeks, weeks turned into…I’m not going to tell you, you’ll just have to read and find out! Great book, I highly recommend this one, but don’t read it if you’re flying…trust me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Island.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽ i cant imagine having a fear of water and heights and reading this book!!

message 2: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy Oh, it was awful! But I was so wrapped up in the book at that moment I couldn't put it down.

✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽ oh good. i keep thinking of times in the water and how it affected u...LOL!

message 4: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy Oh man...I was freaking out, seriously! I was laying in bed and I would read, put the book down, breath...then read some more, put the book down. Remember that movie, Perfect Storm? I had to leave the room...horrible, scared the shit out of me!

✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽ LOL oh yea...that one was bad!! so u cant even go swimming?

message 6: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy Yes, I'm fine in the pool, it's the dark murky ocean I don't like...

✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽ ah ok i gotcha. well at least u can be in a pool!

message 8: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy Yes, I like the pool!