Stephanie Cowart's Reviews > Everyday Paleo

Everyday Paleo by Sarah Fragoso

Jan 31, 12

Read from January 15 to 31, 2012

The Paleo lifestyle is not difficult to understand. It's all about eating food that were available to people who lived as hunter/gatherers a long time ago. So it's meat, lots of veggies, fruit, nuts and seeds. No grains, legumes or dairy.
It appealed to me because I had already been cutting way down on my consumption of grains and pasta etc. because I'm pretty sure I have a gluten allergy. Cutting out dairy was a little more difficult because I do love cheese! But the coconut milk alternative in recipes, my coffee etc. is delicious!
The crazy thing about it for me was all the fat they recommend you eat. It's all "good" fat - coconut oil, avocado, animal fat from lean, grass-fed organic meats etc. But she makes a pretty convincing
argument that you have to eat fat to burn fat.
Anyways, I tried the recipes and they are all so good that I really never thought about what I wasn't eating. My family liked all the dishes I made too!
I don't know if I'll go full time Paleo but I'll definitely be getting this cook book. The recipes are creative, easy to make and delicious!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everyday Paleo.

message 1: by Nancy (new) - added it

Nancy Does it really require cutting out dairy? Didn't hunters/gatherers milk goats and cows?