Melanie's Reviews > Dear Sister

Dear Sister by Francine Pascal

Dec 18, 12

bookshelves: earnestly-bad, fiction, own-ebook, read-as-ebook, sweet-valley-hell, teen-young-adult
Read on December 18, 2012

(This was the first SVH book I ever read, when I was twelve or so, and managed to conceal it in a pile of other non-scandalous books from the Mid-Continent Public Library.)

Elizabeth wakes up from her devastating coma and is good to go, despite a traumatic brain injury and a tingly vagina. She dumps all her responsibilities on Jessica while trying to alleviate the tingle, engaging in all the activities you'd expect a horny teenage girl to do except have ess-ee-ecks. Everyone in town is either too stupid or inept to realize there's something wrong with Elizabeth, so it's up to a nightstand to valiantly save the day and clonk her back to her old self.

(As an aside, I don't get the continuity of a personality change with no associated amnesia. It's more like she chooses to be a dick for awhile until she gets bored with it, coincidentally right as something PG-13 is about to happen. And *then* she has retrograde amnesia to... when, exactly?)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dear Sister.