Joy's Reviews > Thoughtless

Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens

Jun 26, 12

I really need to think about these books before I go in a write a review. I get too antsy and sometimes my emotions are all over the place, so I took a breather and decided to re-write my review...

S.C., dam, is all I can say! Girl, you really know how to write a story. I wanted to cry, scream, throw my ipad across the room, hug Kiera, punch kiera...make out with Kellan, so many emotions that I experienced in this book, but in the end I loved it!

This book starts out with two people Kiera and Denny; Kiera leaves everything behind and travels across the country with her boyfriend of two years. They end up staying with Denny's close friend, Kellan.
Denny gets an unexpected promotion and has to move away from Kiera, leaving her alone and heartbroken. Kiera and Kellan's innocent relationship ends up becoming so much more, and this is where the story begins.... One woman and two men…ugh! Kiera's indecisive behavior will have you at your breaking point, but how do you choose between a hot Aussie and a Rock God? I guess you'll have to read and find out. Great story...truly heartbreaking at times but it makes you look at yourself and ask the simple question...which one would you choose??

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thoughtless.

Quotes Joy Liked

S.C. Stephens
“What if I don’t choose you, Kellan? What will you do?”
He looked away, a tear rolling down his cheek. “I’ll leave, Kiera. I’ll leave, and you and Denny can have your happily ever after.” He looked back at me. “You wouldn’t even need to tell him about me. Eventually, the two of you…” his voice broke and another tear fell on his cheek, “the two of you would get married, and have children, and have a great life.”
I fought back a sob. “And you? What happens to you in that scenario?”
“I…get by. And I miss you, every day,” he whispered.”
S.C. Stephens, Thoughtless

Comments (showing 1-8)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Karen Glad you liked the book. This is one of my favorites!!! I'm anxiously waiting for the third book. You need to follow up with Effortless. It is just as good!!!!

message 7: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy I did...so good, Kiera defiantly redeemed herself to me in Effortless. I'm excited to see what happens with Anna and Griffin...I have a crush on him!! ; )

Karen LOL, yeah Griffin is definitely one of a kind!!!! I loved his relationship with Anna in Effortless. I can see how you like him. I'm most definitely a Kellan girl myself!!!! I really liked your review. Makes me want to read the story all over again. I did go back and read SC Stephen's original ending on fiction press. I'm glad she changed it. Wow, it was really sad. I would have been completely shattered if she had ended it there.

message 5: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy Oh, I love me some Kellan, too!! Yes, I read it this morning, and I'm very glad she changed it, it was awful. That book sent me into an emotional tail spin and with an ending like that I don't think I would have been able to recover, and probably would have hated the book. She is such a great writer and I'm glad she continued on with the story. Do you know when the third one is coming out?

Karen No, but I've been following her updates on this site as well as her website. She has posted a few teasers on her website. Oh... and there was a mock interview with Kellan, Kiera and Griffin on Maryse's Book Blog. Just google her, and I believe it is still on her main page, just scroll down to find the interview. It's cute!! You'll love it, Griffin's got some great lines!!!!

message 3: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy Thank you! Oh, I'm sure he does, he's so cute in a bad-boy, egomaniac kind of way!

Karen You will like Maryse too. Her book blog is how I found out about GR website. She's got great reviews and recommendations. Enjoy the interview!!

message 1: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars