Sarah D's Reviews > A Murder Is Announced

A Murder Is Announced by Agatha Christie

Jan 31, 12

Read in January, 2012

Remember that rushing feeling in the good old days when you'd pick up the receiver of your kitchen phone and dangle it so that all the knots in the cord would come undone?

I am an avid reader of Agatha Christie. I mean, you'd think after reading over half of her works, I'd be able to tell who the culprit is and I did (by the third guess, but still)
However, the best thing about Agatha Christie, it's not just about finding out who the culprit is! It's about unraveling her wonderful plot of twists and tangles. Analogous to unraveling your kitchen phone cord -it's not enough to undo the biggest knot. That's why her books are so exciting! You know that it will all fit in -the million little details that bother you and frustrate you will all come back to you and make sense. I knew who the culprit was, but I was still shocked speechless at the end!

I can't leave Miss Marple out of it! She is the true brilliance of Agatha Christie. An old lady who always "just knows" and for reasons you don't expect. I don't know about you but when I read about Miss Marple, I feel like a genius-in-the-making. After all, I'll be an old lady someday too ;)
11 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Murder Is Announced.