Marian's Reviews > Suite Scarlett

Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson

Aug 16, 2014

Short Introduction: The story begins with a depiction of the hotel that Scarlett's family owns. Scarlett is a teenage girl who lives with her parents and 3 siblings. When a child in the Martin family turns 15, they are given a room to be in charge of. Scarlett already has trouble keeping up with everyone in her family, so when the actress Mrs. Amberson moves into the hotel, things become a whole lot crazier.

Plot: Maureen Johnson has created a really interesting plot. Some of the factors that really caught my eye were 1) The hotel that the Martin family owns 2) Mrs. Amberson moving into the hotel and 3) The different and unique members of Scarlett's family.

Writing: Maureen Johnson writes very descriptively, so it wasn't hard at all to create an image of the Hopewell Hotel in my mind.

Bonus Factors: Acting. Acting is a big part of this story because Scarlett's older brother is an aspiring actor and Mrs. Amberson is also one.

Protagonist: Scarlett is a smart person. She's a headstrong young woman and it is very fun to read about her.

Who Would I Recommend this Novel To? To anyone who enjoys young adult fiction.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Suite Scarlett.